Old versionsSee all
Pacific Heroes is a war game in which you are hero going to the war to fly your war aircraft. The game is basically a flight simulator, so you have to control your plane while trying to destroy the enemy. In terms of flight simulator is kind of poor, since the only factor you control is the direction. Altitude, speed and else you won’t control and the simulator won’t let you crash.
You have available two types of ammunitions, bullets and torpedo. To fire down an enemy aircraft will take several bullets but only one accurate torpedo. Of course, there is a limited amount of ammunitions so you have to be as accurate as you can avoiding to run out of them before accomplishing your mission.
Regarding the controls, you can play the game from the keyboard or from the mouse. From the options menu you will be able to configure the control keys. If you play it from the mouse, you can change directions by moving the mouse sideways. To fire bullets click with the left mouse button. To fire torpedo click with the right button.
In the first mission you have to rescue a broken ship which is being attack by the enemy. So you have to go there and fire them down before they fire down the ship. It’s pretty hard to hit the enemy aircrafts because everything is moving so fast. In addition, you have to take care of the ammunition fired at you from the enemy aircrafts. When you receive a certain amount of shots you will lose the mission. Also, if you take too long to fire them down you will lose the mission.
Since its simplicity this game doesn’t offer any written help or tutorial. You have to learn how to play by yourself, but it’s pretty easy though. The most important thing, maybe the only one, you have to learn is the controls from the Options menu. There isn’t any background story neither, you enter the game and start playing right away. What is most surprising is that it doesn’t even allow to have different player profiles.
When you enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Missions: this option leads you right to the game. You’ll be able to read the mission description first and then start playing.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound effects volume, music volume, fever volume, 3D acceleration, colorblind mode, custom cursors, and full screen (on/off). From here you will configure the control keys.
- Credits and Exit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the systems requirements, here you have a list to check out:
• Pentium 800 Mhz or higher
• 128 MB RAM
• 3D graphic Accelerator (32MB+)
• Direct X 9 or higher
- Easy to learn how to play since its simplicity
- Affordable price
- Very entertaining game
- It’s available only in English
- It doesn’t allow multiple player profiles
- It doesn’t offer any help or tutorial